Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Eight Elemental Amphibians (of Sally Williams) - Panel #1

Panel #1

I think I probably struggled with resolving panel #1 the most out of all of them, but I like how it eventually turned out. It's the decorative elements on the top and left side that threw me and I almost painted them out several times. Ultimately, I wanted it to tie into the decorative elements in panel #4 so I kept them. I do think they're more successful in panel #4 than here though.

Panel #1 (detail)

Panel #1 (detail)

Panel #1 (detail)

Panel #1 (detail)

Sorry about the inconsistent colors in these photos. I couldn't seem to get the color corrections quite right this time. Photoshop skills are admittedly not among my strongest abilities as an artist. The actual tan color in the painting is similar to the tan in the first two photos in this post, the yellow is brighter like in the last three. The other colors look fairly similar to the original in all the photos - the bright blues vary a lot in the actual painting.

The little yellow frog is shiny and slightly iridescent, as are the other yellow areas. The blues are highly glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment