Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WIP: Panel #8 of 8

I've been working on a large commissioned painting for some time now, and as it's nearing completion I thought I could share some progress as I work. The piece consists of 8 panels, each 18" x 18". They will be displayed in their new home all together as an arranged group, but are also meant to work as individual pieces if they ever need to be split up due to wall space issues. More about the subject matter and other details later.

Panel #8 (work in progress)

Panel #8 (detail, work in progress)

Most of the panels are in a bit of a transitional ugly phase right now, and this one is no exception. There are dozens of layers at this point. I'm using acrylic paint with a bit of iridescent medium here and there. I'm also using lots of gloss medium and glazing medium which helps give it depth and makes the surface quite reflective (and difficult to photograph without glare).

More photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment