Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Deerhead Poster

Deerhead @ The Basement

This poster/flyer turned out all right for a quick little project. I ended up having to bring it from start to finish in less than an hour, eesh. Budget concerns are huge for these band projects, so as I've done in the past, it's black laser printing on colored paper (only 10 cents per sheet). The size is half (the long way) of standard 8.5" x 11" paper: 4.25" x 11" so we could get two out of each sheet. The tall configuration of the paper is less common, so a little more eye-catching I think. The actual paper is more of an orangey gold than this.

Working only in black and shades of gray is always a nice change from having unlimited color choices. I enjoy the challenge of trying to make the design just as dynamic as something in full color. Good design, of course, doesn't require lots of color. It forces me to focus even more than usual on the tiny details, especially with the typography.

One of my upcoming projects will be developing some illustrations for Deerhead so I don't have to keep recycling the logo as the only image. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment